The Family-Hôtel is the perfect base for a cycling tour holiday and Cantal is the place to be!
The Tour de France has visited Cantal several times, once in 2011 and more recently in 2016 with the arrival of a stage at the Lioran and a departure point the next day from the village of Arpajon sur Cère, both very near the hotel. The Family-Hôtel even played host to a professional cycling team and their staff on both occasions.
We have extensive experience in welcoming groups of professional and amateur cyclists keen to discover Auvergne’s great cycling opportunities.
Every day is an adventure, taking you on a new circuit to discover Cantal’s beautiful roads, lanes, architectural heritage and countryside.
Our Cycling Package is fully adaptable to suit your needs. Together we can build in your ideas and also include visits and excursions if you wish.
That way you will not only love the cycling but also have the chance to discover one of the most beautiful regions in France!
Take in the same roads and views as some of the world’s top riders, climb to cross mountain passes (for example, Pas de Peyrol, Curebourse, Pertus, Prat de Bouc) with breathtaking views or go on circuits that pass through beautiful villages and sites of interest in the Massif Cantalien.
The Family-Hôtel has been recommended by the French Cycling Federation.
Cantal offers all sorts of fascinating monuments and wonderful scenery as well as many must-see destinations such as the medieval village of Salers, the town of Saint-Flour, the iconic Puy Mary peak and also, further afield, the pilgrimage villages of Conques and Rocamadour.
With our fully-adaptable Cycling Package, mix your love of cycling with an experience of local architectural and natural beauty, traditions and specialities.
The Family-Hôtel at your service!
- Special place to hose down your bikes and repair kits available for use
- Storage facilities for your bikes and kit, wet room
- Detailled cycling routes and lots of ideas and suggestions for circuits
- 8-seater minibus for use (subject to availability)
- Preparation of picnics and cool boxes
- Bespoke tours to suit your needs and build in your ideas
- Comfortable lounges for your group to get together and share your experiences
- Indoor heated swimming pool (and an outdoor heated pool open in the Summer), jacuzzi and comfortable areas where you can relax … perfect to unwind after a day cycling!