The Family-Hôtel is ideally located as a base from which to head out and explore the natural beauty and cultural heritage of Auvergne.
The hotel is centrally located making it easy to discover wonderful scenery, fantastic views and all of the most beautiful places to visit in our area.
Itineraries packed full of places to see
Cantal is an area with no end of fascinating monuments and beautiful natural sites that will delight visitors. Amongst the most iconic sites are the Puy Mary peak, the medieval village of Salers, the town of Saint-Flour and also, further afield, the pilgrimage villages of Conques and Rocamadour.
Our Explore Auvergne package includes all sorts of visits and activities. Whilst out exploring, your group will enjoy admiring the superb scenery and the beautiful sites and villages. You will also get the opportunity to meet people living in Auvergne and to learn all about the area’s traditions and local specialities.
Don’t just see Auvergne – experience it with The Family-Hôtel!
We’ve got lots of ideas and suggestions to create carefully designed group packages. We can then work together to tailor your tour and ensure that the package suits the needs and interests of your group, creating a memorable experience for all.
We would be delighted to hear from you.
Here are just some of the visits and activities that we can build into your group package:
Our packages are fully adaptable to suit your group’s needs and interests with a range of itineraries that take in the most attractive places of interest in Cantal, the Lot, the Aveyron or the Puy de Dôme:
- Our village of Vic sur Cère, steeped in history dating back to medieval times. You’ll see the house that belonged to the Grimaldi family of the Prince of Monaco. Once a spa town, Vic sur Cère boasts sites of both architectural and natural interest and the village is easy to explore on foot from the hotel.
- The medieval village of Salers with an itinerary taking you across the Pas de Peyrol mountain pass with access to the Puy Mary peak and along the beautiful River Jordanne valley.
- Saint-Flour, the Garabit Viaduct built by the Gustave Eiffel company, the Gorges of the River Truyère and the spa town of Chaudes Aigues with the hottest spring water in Europe.
- The Avèze Visitor’s Centre to find out all about a local aperitif made from the root of the Gentian plant that grows in Cantal. Lunch at the Château d’Auzers and a relaxing boat trip on the River Dordogne from the reservoir/dam in Bort les Orgues.
- A busy day out exploring the Puy de Dôme taking in the villages of La Bourboule, Le Mont Dore, a cable car ride to the top of the Puy de Sancy, Lake Chambon, the Château de Murol, Saint Nectaire with its Roman church and cheese production and Lake Pavin.
- A day’s excursion to Vulcania theme and leisure park at the foot of the Puy de Dôme near Clermont-Ferrand.
- A tour around the Périgord area with a underground adventure in the Gouffre de Padirac, and a visit to the town of village of Rocamadour as well as a guided visit of a duck farm where foie gras is made.
- Visit of the medieval and pilgrimage village of Conques with its beautiful abbey (with contemporary stained glass windows by artist Pierre Soulages) and its medieval treasure (statue of Sainte Foy). The day’s excursion takes you along the River Lot valley and through the town of Entraygues with its 13th century gothic bridge.
- The Super-Lioran ski/summer resort and a cable car ride to the Plomb du Cantal, the highest peak in Cantal followed by a visit to the town of Murat with its natural history museum.
- A trip to the splendid Château de Pesteils in Polminhac where a classic French film « L’Eternelle Retour », was filmed in 1942 starring Jean Marais and Madeleine Sologne.
- A day out visiting the town of Laguiole famous for its cutlery-making workshops and boutiques with a visit of the Coutellerie de Laguiole workshop and also the Grenier du Capou museum that houses an impressive collection of objects from our attics, villages and farms.
- A day out in the Châtaigneraie Cantalienne area and a visit to the Vallée des Daims Deer Park.
- A visit to the market town of Aurillac where you can enjoy shopping in the historic centre. The town is the European capital for umbrellas and also famous for its International Street Theatre Festival during the 3rd week of August.
- An outing to a local farm and its special buron to find out all about the production of Cantal cheese
- And much more …